Friday, June 30, 2006

Gold Nuggets......

Since the team has left for the Philippines I am really blessed by the teaching......You might laugh at this but I don't remember what was really taught......I am one of those gold nugget people. I listen to someone teaching, but only take home a thought or a passage of scripture. But asked what a year from now what they taught I wouldn't know however, I could tell you what I walked away with......
God so hit, for me, two of my biggest down falls. The golden nugget that I take home Yohannesburg's teaching was the definition of insanity........doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. Basically, God loved me so much to jack me up and let me know that the way that I am trying to live my Christian life is insane! "You do these things over and over again knowing that they don't bring glory to me, but that doesn't stop you from doing them over and over again in my name." We all know these things.....it is basic. But, I think this is why Peter says, four times in his epistles. "I bring these to your remembrance," here is the one that I was thinking about specifically. I Peter 1:10-12," Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall: For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth."

Then we hit Stevo's study......which is awesome because a brother and I heard the same messege. but God spoke to us individually on it......God spoke to me from the Book of Nehemiah about worrying about my section of the wall.....don't worry about what everyone else is doing......this has been a problem with me....Namely with Street Level, I have always been a part of Street Level baking, Coffehouse shifts, filling in when needed for people, concerts, W.O.T.S., fliers, and all of the cool jazz that God let's Street Level do.....But now, Jesus has me working on a different part of the wall. It is equal in importance, but Stevo's study really showed my how much I missed Street Level,( which it is good that I miss Street Level)
But I have to keep my eye's on the part of the wall that God has given me to take care of.
God is so good at speaking to us through his word, I am blessed to be called one of his kids.........peace out......





1 comment:

mandieworld said...

You totally put perspective on things...as far as Street Level goes. I know I take street level forgranted and one day God will have Mike and I working on a different part of the wall as you are now (just as great and fun of course), thanks for reminding me to enjoy and cherish what God has put in front of me now.